5.13.2007

Mother's Day for Me Is...


For me, it's not about sleeping in or getting a mani and pedi. It's not about having my husband cook breakfast (although he did, and it was so sweet!). It's not even about NOT doing laundry on my usual laundry day, although I doubled up yesterday with Pat's help so I'd be free from grass stains and dryer sheets today.

It's about getting woken up at 7:15 a.m. by J.J.'s super-fast footsteps and giant smile. But the best part of my third Mother's Day was what came next -- the first time I ever heard the words "Happy Mother's Day" straight from my child.

To all the moms I know, hope you had as great a Mother's Day as I had!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I heard those words for the first time this year, too...from my child! It was so amazing that I wanted to cry. It's just the best feeling in the world, isn't it?

I hope you had a terrific mother's day.